- 16 1773 - In Philadelphia, the first public protest against the Tea Act.
- 19 1781 - Battle of Yorktown ends in the British surrender to the Colonies.
- 28 1767 - First open resistance to the Townshend Acts.
- 29 1765 - Sam Adams drafts the Massachusetts Resolves, a natural rights position for inalienable rights to property.
- 31 1938 - War of the Worlds radio broadcast panics millions of unthinking sheeple.
- 1 1765 - Sons of Liberty stage mock funeral processions for liberty. With Homeland Security set to pass, modern Americans prepare for the real thing.
- 3 1783 - Washington orders the Continental Army disbanded. If only the current Congress would follow that example.
- 7 1811 - California declares independence from Mexico. Can we give it back now?
- 10 1940 - John T. Flynn announces to the Keep America Out of War Congress that Roosevelt planned to lead America into war as ditraction from the failure of the New Deal.
- 13 1789 - Benjamin Franklin lamented to a friend, "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
- 14 1915 - Booker T. Washington, educator/ organizer, dies.