- 7 1780 - During First American Revolution, American irregulars defeat Tories commanded by Major Patrick Ferguson at the Battle of King's Mountain.
- 9 1974 - F. A. Hayek wins Nobel Prize for economic theory.
- 10 1973 - Ludwig von Mises dies. Sorely missed.
- 13 1870 - Albert Jay Nock born. 1991 - Bulgarian communist government tossed; collectivist tradition continues in America.
- 14 1774 - Adoption of the Declaration of Rights.
- 16 1773 - In Philadelphia, the first public protest against the Tea Act.
- 28 1767 - First open resistance to the Townshend Acts.
- 29 1765 - Sam Adams drafts the Massachusetts Resolves, a natural rights position for inalienable rights to property.
- 31 1938 - War of the Worlds radio broadcast panics millions of unthinking sheeple.
Comment on this article
View all comments on this article
Did you like this article?
Please consider rewarding the author's
hard work with a donation.