- 21 1958 - First airplane flight exceeding 1,200 hours lands in Dallas, Texas.
- 25 1789 - Bill of Rights adopted in Congress; immediate violations planned.
- 26 1898 - Leonard ("I, Pencil") Read born.
- 27 1787 – First "Anti-Federalist" letter published; correctly warns that the Constitution will breed despotism.
- 29 1881 - Ludwig von Mises is born.
- 1957 - Sputnik launched into orbit.
- 7 1780 - During First American Revolution, American irregulars defeat Tories commanded by Major Patrick Ferguson at the Battle of King's Mountain.
- 9 1974 - F. A. Hayek wins Nobel Prize for economic theory.
- 10 1973 - Ludwig von Mises dies. Sorely missed.
- 13 1870 - Albert Jay Nock born. 1991 - Bulgarian communist government tossed; collectivist tradition continues in America.
- 14 1774 - Adoption of the Declaration of Rights.
- 14 1943 - Jewish prisoners at the Nazi death camp of Sobibor revolt, raiding camp arsenal for rifles. Several hundred escape over the wire.